Acrylamide is a chemical that naturally forms in starchy food products during high-temperature cooking at +120°C and low moisture. It is nowadays well known that, according to 2015 EFSA risk assessment, the presence of acrylamide in food potentially increases the risk of developing cancer for consumers in all age groups.
It becomes more and more frequent to analyze the content of acrylamide in processed food, so as always, Test Veritas walks at the side of the end-customer and of the laboratories.
Do you want to know how much acrylamide there is in your meal? Participate to our proficiency testing scheme – Progetto Trieste!
In order to provide a quality control service more reliable, Test Veritas planned 2 proficiency testing for acrylamide in food, with naturally contaminated samples. They will both held in in round of June 2022, don’t miss the chance, book your participation as soon as possible, we still have availability!
PTs for ACRYLAMIDE
- The code for acrylamide PT in bread is B2505. The code for acrylamide PT in roasted coffee is RC2506.
- 40g x 1 Test Material for confirmatory methods participation or 20g x 1 Test Material for screening methods participation. In case the provided volume is not enough, it is possible to order additional material at a reduced price.
- The matrix for PT B2505 is sliced bread made of wheat, the ideal one for making sandwiches, already toasted (acrylamide will come from only baking and toasting process, there will not be any addition). The matrix for PT RC2506 is roasted coffee (acrylamide will come from only roasting process, there will not be any addition). This kind of matrices are ideal to test your method for acrylamide, since there is no further contamination than the one that comes from food preparation process.
All these PTs are programmed for:
Round of June
Shipment: June 20th – Subscription deadline: May 9th
- Contamination only from food processing (no spiked acrylamide)!
The proposed Test Materials for both PTs will contain acrylamide coming only from baking, toasting and/or roasting processes. So there will not be spiked acrylamide. This kind of Test Material is similar to the one you encounter in your routine and it is perfect to assess your extraction capability.
- Assigned value only from confirmatory method results
The assigned value derives only from quantitative confirmatory results. This feature guarantees a more reliable assigned value and a more valid assessment.
- Screening and confirmatory method separated approach
Separate evaluation data for screening and confirmatory methods with dedicated evaluation criteria. Even if you are evaluating a screening method, the PT simulates what you would do in your routine (comparing your results with the confirmatory ones).
See more information at pages 17 of our programme.
If you want to see more details about this or other PTs, such as the list of researched molecules, schedule, prices… go to this page to download the entire programme.
You can fin here the information on HOW TO ORDER.
For any other information you will need you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow us on LinkedIn to get the last update! Stay tuned.